The Northwest Liberty Academy Advisory Council is comprised of our most “Trusted Advisors.” They are successful business people, entrepreneurs, and elected officials from the legislative, judicial & executive branches of government. They are committed to the moral and economic principles of a Free Society and Free Enterprise.
Idaho Secretary of State
Lawerence Denney serves as the Secretary of State in Idaho, having been elected in 2014. Secretary Denney has served the citizens of Idaho through his many years of public service. Denney has served in the Idaho Legislature, where he served three terms as Speaker as well as Assistant Majority Leader and Majority Leader. Born and raised in the Gem State, Lawerence Denney is an Idahoan who has for a long time fought for Idahoans and their freedoms.
Idaho Congressman, Businessman
Russ Fulcher is a fourth generation Idahoan who served in the Idaho State Senate for nine years. His signature legislation, the grocery tax credit, will return $100 million to Idaho’s taxpayers every year, so that we can keep more of our hard-earned dollars to spend, save, and invest as we wish. Russ also served on the Senate State Affairs and Education Committees, and his colleagues elected him to be the Senate Republican Caucus Leader.
Idaho State Representative
Vito Barbieri is the Idaho State Representative from the second district, near Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. In the legislature, Barbieri has been a consistent fighter for liberty, whether it be for educational or economic reform.
Troupis Law Office
Chris Troupis is a retired attorney of Troupis Law Office. The Firm concentrated in serving the needs of small business owners and their families. Mr. Troupis is well known for his support of the U.S. Constitution, private property rights and individual liberty. Mr. Chris Troupis has over 30 years’ experience.
Owner of Hatfield Log Homes and Idaho Grain & Flour Mill. His Mill was featured on KTVB’s Farm to Fork Series and Log Home Living Magazine published a story of a unique home he built in Yellow Pine, Idaho. He holds a degree in Accounting, Champlain College, VT. Todd has been a leader at the county, district and statewide levels through civic involvement. He skied on the pro-circuit during college and was a river guide in Alaska, the western states, Guatemala and Siberia.
Hon. Justice Daniel T. Eismann
Idaho Supreme Court
Justice Eismann was raised in Owyhee County and graduated in 1965 from Vallivue High School near Caldwell, Idaho. He served two consecutive tours of duty in Vietnam where he was awarded two purple hearts for being wounded in combat and three medals for heroism. He received his undergraduate degree from University of Idaho and then graduated cum laude from law school in 1976. Justice Eismann was elected to the Idaho Supreme Court in 2000, and he served as the Chief Justice of the Idaho Supreme Court from August 1, 2007, to July 31, 2011.
Educator / Entrepreneur / Idaho State Representative
Dorothy Moon is a life-long educator with experience teaching special education students, high school science and college level geology. With a M.S. in Resource Planning Dorothy is hopeful that someday soon the State of Idaho will manage our lands expanding multiple use opportunities with local support. Dorothy is currently the President of Moon & Associates, Inc. a civil engineering and land surveying business. Dorothy and her husband Darr reside in Custer County.
Optometrist, Teacher, Chairman of Worldwide Dreambuilders
President of M.H. King Company, doing business as King’s Discount Stores
Elizabeth Allan Hodge
NWLA Co-founder and Executive Director
- 1975-1980 Director of Christian Education, Boone Memorial Church in Caldwell, Idaho.
- Associate Director for the Center for Market Alternatives (CSMA) when it was on the College of Idaho Campus
- 1984-1990 Served in the Idaho House of Representatives and was a member of the First Centennial Idaho State Legislature before retiring. While in office she received a Religious Freedom Award for her efforts to fight government intrusion in private schools. Her support of the Declaration of Independence & the US Constitution can best be summed up by one of her favorite William Penn quotes, “Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants.”
- In 1988 while working at KBGN, Idaho’s oldest Christian Radio Station, she met and interviewed Ron Paul. They have remained friends over these many years.
- 1989 she started “Legislative Watch” on KBGN, reporting weekly from the Idaho Statehouse while in Session. She informed people on how to get copies of the Bills and encouraged their involvement.
- In 2009 “Legislative Watch” went to cable TV with interviews of legislators and reports on various issues. A website, fyidaho.com, was added and includes video interviews of local and national figures including Congressman Ron Paul, Tom Woods, David Horowitz and Sheriff Richard Mack.
- A private business woman in real estate since 1989, Elizabeth is a member in good standing of the Ada County Association of Realtors (ACAR) and has served on both County and State Boards. She is a Lifetime Honor Society Member and a Distinguished Service Award recipient. She is currently a Broker Associate with Berkshire Hathaway Home Services specializing in residential new construction, resale, waterfront properties, acreages and relocation.
- Elizabeth is a trustee on the Ralph Smeed Private Memorial Foundation, a nonprofit, charitable, educational trust.