2019 NWLA Liberty Symposium (June 19th – 22nd) Register Now! Participate in our Essay Contest
Northwest Liberty Academy
The Northwest Liberty Academy teaches the economic and ethical principles of a Free Society and Free Enterprise to people of all ages.
To teach foundational principles of a Free Society and Free Enterprise.
Our Founders recognized that men are by nature free and derive their natural rights from “their Creator,” not government; that the proper role of good government is to protect the inalienable rights to “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness”; and that Free Enterprise is the right of the people to engage in a free and moral exchange of ideas, goods and services.
To that end, we endeavor to help students recognize the unintended consequences that occur when elected officials and citizens fail to base priorities on principles over politics.
- Students will be grounded in the Constitution and The Declaration of Independence with emphasis placed on the civic duty of every citizen toward the obligation of “eternal vigilance” and what that means.
- Students will meet business leaders and entrepreneurs and learn how human ingenuity benefits a free society.
- Panel discussions will engage leaders in civil discourse on the “unintended consequences of well-intended legislation” along with timely topics affecting our economic and individual (private property) rights to liberty.
- Elected officials including members of the Executive, Legislative & Judicial Branches will discuss the proper role of each and how informed civic involvement is crucial to maintaining liberty in our Constitutional Republic.
- Students will understand the difference between a democracy and a republic and the significance of the Oath of Office
- Students will gain a rudimentary understanding of Free Enterprise including basic economic principles and private property rights.
- Students will have opportunities to speak to entrepreneurs and learn about:
✓ What it takes to start a business – concept to reality.
✓ Intellectual and financial investment and risk.
✓ How Free Enterprise benefits a Free Society, and more…
- Students will receive materials from the Liberty Library and a recommended reading list.
- Students will meet business people and public servants and learn about our MENTORSHIP PROGRAM.
- Students will learn about ethics, leadership, communication skills and more.
Noah Webster (1758-1843) “if the citizens neglect their duty and place unprincipled men if office, the government will soon be corrupted; laws will be made not for the public good so much as for selfish or local purposes; corrupt or incompetent men will be appointed to execute the laws; the public revenues will be squandered on unworthy men; and the rights of the citizens will be violated or disregarded.”
Our dear friend, Terry Shepard, fondly known to many as Ben Franklin, has been diagnosed with ALS and is having surgery tomorrow to aid him with his breathing. Please keep him in your prayers! Because of Terry’s efforts, we have a Liberty Tree in the Park across from the Idaho …
Hillary Clinton blamed the Electoral College for her stunning defeat in the 2016 presidential election in her latest memoirs, “What Happened?” Some have claimed that the Electoral College is one of the most dangerous institutions in American politics. Why? They say the Electoral College system, as opposed to a simple …